Call for Papers
The featured topic of the 2018 edition of EWSN is “Sustainable Embedded Wireless Systems”, with contributions that aim to contain the energy cost and the carbon footprint of embedded wireless systems. This builds on top of the successful EWSN 2016 and EWSN 2017 editions featuring the topic of “Dependability”. Sustainable embedded wireless systems will operate on top of reliable, safe, and secure systems studied in past editions. Topics such as energy-efficient wireless networking technologies and architectures, backscatter communication, adaptation of embedded systems supplied by variable renewable energy sources, wireless power transfer as well as application of embedded wireless systems to increase the energy efficiency of smart homes, smart buildings, and smart cities are welcome. Topics not related to “Sustainable Embedded Wireless Systems” are equally welcome as long as they fall into the scope of the conference, as described below.
The conference solicits both full technical papers, and short papers describing validated early ideas. Proceedings will appear in the ACM digital library. A subset of the papers appearing at the conference will be selected to be fast-tracked to ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks.
Topics of Interest
- Embedded wireless networking, from physical to application layers
- Dependability (real-time, reliability, availability, safety)
- Sustainability (low-power operation, energy management, energy harvesting)
- Wireless embedded computing platforms
- Operating systems, middleware, and services
- Programming paradigms, languages, and tools
- Distributed and embedded computing for networked systems
- Applications, deployment, and management
- Sensing, actuation, and control
- Networked embedded sensing in robots and drones
- Mobility, localization, tracking
- Embedded data management and processing
- Human-machine interaction
- Cloud, back-end integration, and analytics
Authors must make a good faith effort to anonymize their submissions such that the author identities are not disclosed to the reviewers.
Formatting requirements. Full paper submissions must have at most 12 pages. Short paper submissions must have at most 6 pages. Pages must have 8.5" x 11" (letter) two-column format, using 10-point type on 11-point leading, with a maximum text block of 7" wide x 9" deep with an inter-column spacing of .25". The page limits include figures, tables, and references. Authors may use the LaTex templates provided here.
Paper Submission. Paper submission is managed through HotCRP at the following site.
Authors rebuttal deadline: November 15, 2017
Notification: December 1, 2017
Camera-ready: December 20, 2017
We look forward to your contribution to EWSN 2018 in Madrid, Spain!